Clarity Safety Consulting

Monday, June 02, 2008

In a busy season it seems like posting is the last thing on my list. But it is also a time of growth, and I am frustrated that my posts have been non-existent for 2 months. Life has been exciting moving into a new house, and taking up new opportunities at work. YC has come and passed, General Conference happened, my daughter had her tonsils, my parents made the trek from BC, I have lost 16 lbs of potato chips, nachos and chicken wings and I started coaching baseball again. This time my son is playing, it is so much fun. In the hustle of trying to keep up with my life I need the outlet of writing. A chance to reflect and slow down. I am going to make a commitment to relax by writing and to be more consistent. Every week for sure. If anyone is still reading this blog you can hold me accountable.

I will leave this with you - Prayer of Sir Francis Drake

Disturb us, Lord, when we are too
well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance
of things we possess,
We have lost our thirst for the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
WE have allowed our vision of the new Heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show Your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.
We ask You to push back the horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future in strength, courage, hope and love.

1 comment:

Misty said...

That's interesting. My response to the call to rest was also to step it up on the blog front. I had put off writing about something for a while and I decided that Sunday was the day to get it out.